Stacking the Shelves AKA ''I really Need to Stop Buying Books''


Hello guys and welcome to one of my favorite things ever! I have a ''Stacking the Shelves'' post today, which I haven't shared with you in quite some time. I don't know why because I have purchased a lot of books over the past couple of months but, I'm here to redeem myself and show them all at once! 

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by the wonderful people over at Tynga's Reviews. Make sure to visit their page for more information on how to join in the fun!
*The Valiant {The Valiant #1} By Lesley Livingston
Publication Date: February 2017
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

Finally managed to get my hands on The Valiant, one of my most anticipated books of the year! I cannot wait to start reading it and I sincerely hope that it will reach my expectations!

*The Demon King {Seven Realms #1} By Cinda Williams Chima
Publication Date: October 2009
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I've had my eye on this series for years and you know what they say...Better late than never! I haven't read it yet but, in order for me to commit to the series and pick up the rest of the books, I need the first one to blow my mind! Simple as that! 

*Caraval {Caraval #1} By Stephanie Garber
Publication Date: January 2017
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I promised myself that, I would not purchase this book. Under no circumstances. Obviously, that promise was broken as soon as I saw it at the bookstore and could not resist. I'm usually not a big fan of books with this particular setting and the fact that people have hyped it up so much makes me nervous but, I really want to read it as soon as possible!
*Rooftoppers By Katherine Rundell
Publication Date: March 2013
Genres: Middle Grade, Historical Fiction

I've already read this one and absolutely loved it! So, make sure to check out
*The Chemist By Stephenie Meyer
Publication Date: July 2017
Genres: Thriller, Fiction Mystery

I was pretty excited when I read the synopsis for The Chemist. Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer but, this one really intrigued me because I do love crime/mystery stories! Unfortunately, I had to DNF it after a couple of chapters because I was not enjoying the writing style and felt like the plot dragged on quite a bit. Don't know if I'm going to actually end up finishing it, which is very disappointing because I was really excited about it...

*Burn For Burn {Burn for Burn #1} By Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian
Publication Date: September 2012
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Another one I've had my eye on for a while, Burn for Burn is definitely going to be an intriguing read! I can already feel it and I sincerely hope that, I won't be disappointed!
*The Falconer {The Falconer #1} By Elizabeth May
Publication Date: May 2014
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Steampunk

Words cannot express how much I loved this book! Make sure to check out 
*The Vanishing Throne {The Falconer #2} By Elizabeth May
Publication Date: November 2015
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Steampunk

This one is pretty self explanatory and I cannot wait to read it! I desperately want to finish the trilogy this year and I know that, I'm gonna love this as much as I loved The Falconer! Maybe even more!

*Love in the Afternoon {The Hathaways #5} By Lisa Klaypas
Publication Date: June 2010
Genres: Historical Romance

I think Lisa Klaypas is one of the most popular Historical Romance authors and I've always seen her books on display but, never got my hands on one. Since I'm really in the mood for the genre, I decided to go for this one and slowly collect the rest of the books in this particular series because they all sound amazing! I thought I'd start from this one because it really drew me in. Slightly more than the rest anyway! 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Make sure to leave your recommendations in the comments below and of course let me know whether you've read any of these books! If yes, did you enjoy them?

Until the next post,

Comments

  1. Oh I LOVE that cover of The Demon King! The USA cover looks so boring compared to that. I adored Caraval and The Valiant - good timing for those two, because Legendary and The Defiant are publishing in the next six (ish) months. I loved The Falconer trilogy! Seriously hoping May is wrting new books because that series is one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fabulous week, Elena. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really cannot wait to read The Demon King! It's been on my wishlist for such a long time now! And I cannot wait to finish The Falconer trilogy! Next one on my list is probably Caraval because I'm extremely curious about it! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. They look great. I hope you'll enjoy them. Happy reading and have a wonderful week. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  3. Seems like you did get a lot of books :) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read anything by Lisa Kleypas, but I've definitely heard of her. I hope you enjoy her book and all the others you got.
    My STS/Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finally read one of her novels! It has definitely been a long time coming! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!