Top Ten Summer Reads {Top Ten Tuesday}

Hello and welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This Tuesday's topic is something very exciting and in honor of Summer that is, thankfully, approaching! 
Have you read any of my favorite summer reads? If not, I'd definitely recommend them! If you have read them, make sure to let me know whether you enjoyed them or not!

*It Started With Goodbye By Christina June
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

I recently read this one and I immensely enjoyable! It's definitely on the more serious side of YA contemporaries but, I do think that it would make for a perfect summer read! It's quick a very quick, easy and beautifully written read! 

*Lola and the Boy Next Door By Stephanie Perkins
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

This is probably my favorite one out of the three and I feel like it's the perfect read for summer! It's a very light and easy read that I immensely enjoyed and would totally recommend!

*The Problem With Forever By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

This is another contemporary that deals with some very serious issues, which I know aren't for everybody, but I loved it and I think that it would make a perfect summer read! Plus, you can never go wrong with Jennifer L. Armentrout!

*Graffiti Moon By Catch Crowley
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

I've talked about Graffiti Moon a lot of times in the past and I don't think I'll ever stop! It's probably the most beautifully written book I've ever read, which is saying a lot! I love it and if you haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for?!

*Such A Rush By Jennifer Echols 
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance 

This is another one I've talked about before and I really have to re-read it this summer! It's definitely been a while but, I absolutely loved it and think it'd be the perfect, quick, fun and poignant read for this summer!

*The Truth About Forever By Sarah Dessen
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

This is the first and only book I've read by Sarah Dessen, which definitely has to change because I really enjoyed her writing style and character/plot development. I think it'd make a very nice and enjoyable read for the summer season!

*Breathe By Abbi Glines 
Genres: New Adult, Romance

I love the Sea Breeze Series and this one is definitely my favorite. It's not the most well written book compared to other New Adult novels but I feel like it's a very nice read for the summer!

*Jesse's Girl By Miranda Kenneally
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romacen

It's no secret that I love Miranda Kenneally's ''Hundred Oaks'' Series! All of the books are immensely enjoyable, quick, fun and easy read! Definitely perfect for a day at the beach!

*Shadowland {The Mediator #1} By Meg Cabot
 
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

One of my favorite series, The Mediator is a sassy, fun and completely captivating read! I don't doubt that you'll be completely hooked from the first chapter!

*The Lightning Thief {Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1} By Rick Riordan
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I love the Percy Jackson series, not because it's the best but because it's very unique! I love Greek Mythology and Percy Jackson is everything I've ever dreamed it would be! Another series that is perfect for binge reading during the summer!

Most of these are Young Adult Contemporaries that I personally think are perfect for summer reading! I also believe that you're definitely going to be in the mood for a lot of contemporary books during the summer! That is when I usually go for contemporaries because I'm looking for light and quick reads! I also added two of my favorite series that I binge read during a couple of summers ago. If you haven't read any of them yet, I cannot recommend them enough! 

Don't forget to let me know if you've already read any of the books featured in this post!

Comments

  1. It Started with Goodbye is on my TBR list, so hopefully I'll get to it soon! I have read and enjoyed Lola and the Boy Next Door and Jesse's Girl, though!

    My TTT: http://bookworm716.blogspot.com/2017/05/top-ten-tuesday-non-contemporary-beach.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed It Started With Goodbye so much more than I thought I would so, I highly recommend it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. The Lightning Thief is the only book on here that I've read, but that series is one of my favourites!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/top-ten-tuesday-108/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Percy Jackson Series as well! I really want to re-read them soon so, hopefully, I'll have time to do so during the summer. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Good list!

    Lisa @https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2017/05/23/top-10-tuesday-favorite-books-ive-read-in-the-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Sarah Dessen! The Problem With Forever has been on my "maybe" list for quite a while, so I may end up finally giving it a try this summer. Other books I plan on reading include Note to Self by Connor Franta, Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh, and Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia. :)

    Ellie | My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I can't wait to get my hands on Eliza and Her Monsters! It sounds like a very fascinating and intriguing read. And even though I really want to pick up Flame In the Mist, I kind of have my doubts because I couldn' get through The Wrath and the Dawn.

      Delete
  5. Ooo! I cannot wait to read 'Goodbye' (I still have an ARC copy); 'Lola' (LOVED 'Anna'); and 'Forever' is one I've recently picked up (it sounds so interesting) though I've not read anything by Jennifer. Meg Cabot and Sarah Dessen are two popular authors I've never read either. Someday I should remedy this. Great summer list. :)

    Thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland, Elena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thsnk you for stopping by! Yoi should definitely give them a try. And I highly recommend them for some summer reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!